Guidelines to Serve on a Team
- It is the responsibility of the Lay Director to recruit team members and make team assignments. The guidelines for team selection follow:
- Team recruiting is based on an approved recruiting list that is available from the Chairperson of the Team Selection Committee.
- Regular worship at a Christian church is required.
- Team members must have attended an approved three-day weekend. A list of the approved weekends are available from the Chairperson of the Team Selection Committee.
- Team composition should be as ecumenical as possible.
- It is recommended that at least one-third of the team should be new team members, and at least one-third be experienced team members.
- It is vital that team members (including clergy) attend the entire weekend. (Any exceptions must be pre-approved by the Lay Director, the Advising Lay Director, and the Board Representative.)
- Team members must attend at least half the team meetings. (Any exceptions must be pre-approved by the Lay Director, the Advising Lay Director, and the Board Representative.)
- Team members are recruited to serve on the team and not a particular position. Team assignments are made after team selection and should not be part of the recruitment process.
- Age requirements : No one under the age of 18 may serve on an Epiphany team or attend closing. Team members between the ages of 18 and 21 may serve in any capacity on the team except as a Spiritual Director, Table Leader or Assistant Table Leader. Team members between the ages of 18 and 21 may give talks, meditations and perform in the skits.
If you meet these requirements and are interested in serving on a team, fill out the team application Team Application.pdfand email to firstname.lastname@example.org be reviewed by the Team Selection Committee before being added to the approved recruiting list.
Note: All persons approved by the Team Selection Committee will still be required to be approved by State of Alabama Department
of Youth Services (DYS).